ABC 23, FOX 8, THIStv and Antenna TV want to give you a chance to win a pair of tickets to Kennywood Park.
Come experience the fun at one of the oldest and most beloved amusement parks in America. Founded in 1898, Kennywood has thrilled and delighted both young and young-at-heart visitors for more than 110 years. From the early days of the carousel, through the development of the first roller coasters, to the technological advancements in today's steel looping coasters, Kennywood has always been the park that puts a smile on everyone's face Five lucky winners will be selected to receive a pair of tickets, so enter once a day for your chance to visit one of "America's Finest Traditional Amusement Parks."
The Kennywood Park Ticket Giveaway brought to you by ABC 23, FOX 8, THIStv and Antenna TV!
ENTER NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
|Official Rules and Regulation for WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV Kennywood Park Ticket Giveaway:|
1. No purchase necessary. By entering this contest, you agree and understand that your information will be shared with the contest sponsor (Kennywood Park) but will not be sold or shared with any other agency.
2. Contestants may enter a total of one time each day during the WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV Kennywood Park Ticket Giveaway. One entry may be submitted per day at fox8tv.com or abc23.com from Monday 6/29/2015 - Sunday 7/19/2015. In order to be selected as a weekly prize winner, entrants must meet specifications as outlined in items 3-18 of the official rules and regulations for the WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV Kennywood Park Ticket Giveaway.
3. All Qualified contestants will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. Five (5) winners will be randomly selected and awarded the Grand Prize (2 Kennywood Park tickets valid for the 2015 Operating Season - retail value $83.98) provided they continue to meet the specifications as outlined in the rules.
4. Grand Prize Winners will be selected Monday,7/20/2015.
5. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win.
6. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prize will be mailed out via USPS first class mail to the address listed on the contest registration. No exceptions.
8. The Grand Prize is not transferable. Except as otherwise provided in the contest Rules, no substitutions or exchanges will be allowed. No cash value.
9. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Federal regulations require the sponsor to issue a 1099 Form to the winner for any prize valued above $500.00. Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving prize money. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility that must include Winner's social security number or resident alien identification number.
10. WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry, email or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information, including those that may decrease or increase the chances of winning or participating in the Contest. Due to Internet delays and/or other technical issues, what you hear on WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV online may be delayed or not functional or malfunctioning during certain times. These events may cause you difficulty in participating in the Contest. WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled transmissions. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the for WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
11. All entries become the sole property of WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV and will not be returned. For the name of the winner, available after the drawing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Kennywood Ticket Giveaway, c/o WWCP/WATM, 1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904.
12. WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV and Kennywood Park are not responsible for accidents, injuries and/or death related to or arising out of the prize(s) being awarded or accepted.
13. Prize(s) cannot be redeemed for cash unless specified above and must be accepted as awarded, or prize(s) will be forfeited. WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV and Altoona Curve reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
14. WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV reserve the right to use the winner's likeness, name, photograph and voice for any and all promotional purposes.
15. Employees and family members of WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV, Kennywood Park, their franchises, and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
16. Employees and family members of competing media (broadcast television, cable television, radio, newspaper) their franchises and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
17. Any individual who has won any contest sponsored by WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV within a one year (365 day) period of 7/19/2015 with a grand prize retail value of $500 or greater shall be ineligible to win. The selected winner will be disqualified if they, or any member of their household, have won any contest with a grand prize retail value of $500 or greater sponsored by WATM ABC 23 / WWCP FOX 8 / THIStv / Antenna TV within a one year period.
18. In the event that the grand prize winner does not meet the requirements or fails to claim the prize as outlined above, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining qualified contestants one month from the date of the original drawing. Any alternate winner must meet the contest requirements as set forth. This alternate selection process shall continue until a qualified winner is selected.
19. Dates for entering the Contest are 6/29/2015 - 7/19/2015.
Compliance with the Communications Act of 1934 & FCC Rules
The above-described Contest and the posting of Material Terms and Rules is WWCP/WATM's good faith effort to comply with the statutory provision regarding contests as set forth at Section 508 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the "Act") and the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission (the "Commission") governing the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests set forth in Section 73.1216 of the Commission's rules (i.e., 47 C.F.R. 73.1216). These rules require that a licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest that it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material term.
a. For purposes of 47 C.F.R. 73.1216, the term "contest" is defined as a scheme in which a prize is offered or awarded, based upon chance, diligence, knowledge or skill, to members of the public. "Material terms" include those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein. Although the material terms may vary widely depending upon the exact nature of the contest, they will generally include: (1) how to enter or participate; (2) eligibility restrictions; (3) entry deadline dates; (4) whether prizes can be won; (5) when prizes can be won; (6) the extent, nature, and value of the prizes; (7) the basis for valuation of prizes; (8) time and means of selection of winners; and/or (9) tie-breaking procedures online listening delays may vary depending upon your Internet connection.